Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's here…


Dammit, I was right… Summer stopped lurking in the marshes & appeared with a vengeance: florid, slightly feverish, panting lightly, reeking of sweat & it's face glazed with a sticky sheen of oily perspiration. (I don't mean that in a sexy way either…) I really dislike Summer. So much for the lovely, cool, Canadian air, at least for the time being. The temperature hit 97ºF. this afternoon & the air was thick with humidity. The natural result; a good old fashioned thunder storm. Above is a photo I managed to take (after forty-three attempts) of the lightning which made me laugh because it gives the impression that, like in a made-for-TV movie from the 70's, the Anti-Christ could be quietly living in the brick four-family house across the street. (Cue the scary music.) I just checked, it's still 87ºF. outside & the rest of the week is predicted to be more of the same. I suppose it could be worse… 

I could be living in Spain.

No comments: