Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A year ago…


Early Fireworks (July 1, 9:21 PM), 2008

Well, I made it. It's been a year since the first post here & I will admit in all honesty; I never thought I'd keep it going this long. I also never imagined I'd be posting so many photographs…

I need to give a tip-of-the-hat to all my buddies who put up with this minor obsession of mine for the past year (you know who you all are, thanks for your patience & support) but there are a few particular people I'd like to thank. First George Snyder (1904), who talked me into doing this in the first place; second Francis Strand (How to learn Swedish…), who always seemed to say something nice in the comments just when I needed it & lastly Ellen in Bethesda Maryland who, according to my sitemeter, gets the gold star for best attendance. (Thank you. Just knowing that someone is showing up is sometimes all one needs…)

Oops, there's the exit music. I have to get off the stage now.

2 comments:

Francis S. said...

Gratulerar, as they say in Swedish - I congratulate you! Ja, må du leva uti hundrade år - may you live to be a hundred.

RomanHans said...

Hey, my attendance should be pretty good, too. Earthlink from Brooklyn here!