Thursday, August 7, 2008


Arabesque, 2008

It seems the sky has been exceptionally dramatic this summer or maybe it's just that I'm paying more attention to the movement of the clouds & the effects of light… Whatever the reason, I cannot seem to stop taking pictures of it. It's become this weird sort of exterior Intimism. What do I mean by that? Well, the name is most often used to describe the work of painters like Vuillard, Bonnard & in contemporary painting Howard Hodgkin, who all look in & focus on domestic interiors. However, in my case, it's all about what I'm seeing while looking out from my windows or porch. The same four windows ~ the same trees, rooftops & houses…

Of course this probably means I need to get out more & not just into my overgrown, neglected yard to photograph the neighbors cabbages.

1 comment:

bran said...

by this you're saying that your immediate world, the neighborhood, has become so familiar to you as an adopted comfort zone that it is not much different from looking around the interiors of your self?

yeah... i can get on board with that.